I support children, parents and highly sensitives as they heal from trauma, own their power and create their most abundant and successful life. Read more about my services here.
Born 48 hours after my mother discovered my father’s love affair during her pregnancy, my life began on rocky ground. My dad moved out 9 days after my birth and their divorce followed.
At 5 and a half months old I came down with bacterial spinal meningitis, a serious and potentially deadly disease that causes inflammation of the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord.
On the way to the hospital I went into septic shock. The bacteria had gotten into my bloodstream, my blood pressure dropped and all my organs started to fail.
After 4 terrifying days in intensive care, the doctors claimed that I would live. They kept me an additional 10 days and feared for my quality of life.
“Hearing loss and learning challenges are likely,” they told my mother.
My mom, a yoga teacher herself, was fierce in her efforts to provide holistic healing tools to help me heal. Little did she know how powerful those tools would be.
Not only did I heal from my illness and succeed in school, later, when I faced witnessing a friend die at age 9 and remembering sexual abuse trauma at age 19, the healing tools I had gained from my birth trauma helped me not only continue to heal, but to thrive well beyond expectation.
Why I'm different:
- Doctors said I would have learning challenges…I graduated at the top of my class.
- My parents divorced...and unlike many of my peers, I had the tools to repair emotionally and mentally.
- At 9 years old I watched my friend die right in front of me…yet because of my healing tools it experience was the least traumatic of my life.
- At 19 years old I remembered a sexual abuse trauma that happened to me when I was 5...and I not only healed during college, but graduated with honors.
Because of my experience:
- I know firsthand how it feels to experience and recover from trauma.
- I am able to uniquely support both kids and adults in making positive changes.
- I approach healing from a whole self perspective.
- I have an arsenal of simple and effective tools to help you thrive in daily life. Read more about my method here.
I currently live in New York City and work with women, children and families - in person, over the phone and online. I speak and teach internationally.
Education & Experience
I am the first Licensed Brain Gym Instructor/Consultant to have experienced it since infancy; a Licensed Instructor of Movement Based Learning; a Young Living Essential Oils Distributor; have a Bachelors of Arts in Creative Writing and Dance from the University of Colorado at Boulder and a Masters of Education in Arts, Community and Education from Lesley University in Cambridge, MA. I also studied Expressive Arts Therapy at the California Institute of Integral Studies and received Blomberg Rhythmic Movement Training from Carol Ann Erickson.
I have been blessed to work and teach across the globe. As part of the West Africa Project I taught at schools in Liberia and Ghana. I have also worked and presented across the United States, in Sweden and in Germany.
I have written for the following organizations:
Some of the schools, conferences and studios where I have taught: