This time of year is a great test of our self-care skills! Even though the sun goes down in the late afternoon we are all buzzing with the season - often past our bedtime!
Last week I was blessed to spend time with Sylvia Mouzourou, founder of Anthea Yoga & Healing Arts Center. She helped me feel grounded in my body and on this earth with the most simple of meditations.
I know that I am one of many who needs support in staying grounded during this time of year - and all the time - so I wanted to share a variation here with you so you can feel it, too!
- Sit comfortably with your feet on the ground.
- Breathe deeply and bring your focus to the earth beneath you.
- Imagine you have energetic roots sprouting beneath your feet, connecting you to the earth, to its immensity, to its power.
- The roots beneath your feet begin to refill you, slow and steady, from the bottom up. During winter the earth slumbers, rests, regroups. So when it's time to grow again, it's ready. Let this calm power fill your body. Let it help you rest and regroup, even for only a moment.
- Continue breathing deeply.
Once you feel complete, gently come back to the room and continue with your day.
Let me know how it goes in the comments below.