Have you ever had an interaction that didn't go like you had hoped? Your emotions took control and you overreacted? I certainly have!!
Whatever happened in the past, it's in the past. No matter how much time you spend mulling it over or imagining what you could have done, it doesn't change. In fact, if you are still worrying about what you said or did, it can be challenging to impossible to start fresh and heal.
Today's activity helps your body let go of anything that is holding you back.
Fall is a time of letting go. Just as the leaves fall gracefully from the trees, letting go can be as easy as breathing in and out.
Letting Go Integrated Movement
This in-depth Brain Gym technique helps both body and mind release the past to open the space for change to take place.
- Sit comfortably on the floor in a butterfly position with feet together and knees resting apart.
- Place hands on your belly with your fingers spread open.
- As you exhale, allow the belly to contract and lean forward with a straight back.
- Allow your inhalation to gently curve your body back to an upright position.
- Continue with the flow of your own breath.
What are you letting go of this year? Let me know in the comments below or send me a private message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this post with someone you love. Sign up for email update here.
Activity via Edu-Kinesthetics In-Depth: The Seven Dimensions of Intelligence by Paul and Gail Dennison.